Sign-On and Relocation Bonuses Available (Experienced and New Grads)!
**Possible Incentives for new / re-hire RN's, Surgical Technologists, and GI Techs
Kettering Health Main Operating Room
- RN's up to $30,000 Sign-on Bonus based upon experience
- Surgical Technologists and First Assists up to $20,000
- GI Techs up to $10,000
- Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
- Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
- IBM Watson Health™ 100 Top Hospitals
- National recognition for innovation in Orthopedic and Heart Care
- 21 state-of-the art operating suites
- General, Heart, Neuro, Orthopedic and Robotic surgery
- Level II trauma facility
Named by Truven Health Analytics TOP 15 Healthcare Systems in the U.S. and Fortune TOP Places to work in healthcare, hiring full-time, part-time and resource Registered Nurses.
- Faith Driven, Not-For Profit, Patient-Centric Culture
- Learning Hospital System, Kettering College
- Ten hospitals and 150 outpatient facilities to choose from
- Promote from within
If this is the environment you would like to contribute your expertise in nursing to and further grow your career, then read on . . .
About the Opportunity:
- Competitive compensation, including lucrative on-call, shift and weekend pay differentials
- 403(b) pre-tax savings account with employer match
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Mental Health
- 80% company paid health coverage for employees and dependents (Full-time employees)
- Community involvement & humanitarian opportunities
- Team oriented environment
- And more . . .
As our new Surgical Technologist
, you view each of your patients as if you were treating a beloved family member or dear friend. You possess a strong passion for being a trusted teammate in the operating room. Your patients and co-workers best describe you as compassionate, determined, outspoken in a professional manner when the situation calls for it, a “can do attitude,” impeccable work ethic and highly accountable with a strong attention to detail. You are intellectually curious and look for opportunities to cross-train to display your skills in multiple operating room disciplines, such as heart, neuro, orthopedic and robotics.
Based in beautiful Kettering Ohio, your mission is to embrace best-in-class nursing processes to provide excellence in nursing care to your patients in all settings and in collaboration with other health care providers. Further responsibilities include:
- Serve as vital part of the neurosurgery team at Kettering Medical Center.
- Assist in direct care to patients, Surgical Techs continually support surgeons and nurses by selecting, setting up, and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants.
- The Surgical Tech’s actions and communications should reflect Kettering Health Networks mission, vision, values, and policies in interactions with patients, families, and coworker
The surgical technologist (ST) is responsible for assisting in direct care to patients undergoing surgical intervention by selecting, setting up and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants, under the direction of the RN and the surgeon. Responsibilities include, yet, not limited to the following:
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Appropriately labels and handles patient specimens.
- Competently performs Surgical Technologist skills as defined by the unit’s scope of practice.
- Maintains a clean, safe environment free from clutter.
- Receives and responds to appropriate delegation; does not perform skills/care that has not been delegated by a licensed nurse or physician.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Demonstrates safe infection control practices.
- Assists the nurse/physician with patient procedures.
- Performs preceptor activities as requested.
- Participates in one elective educational opportunity.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of aseptic technique in preparing for and assisting in surgical procedures.
- Prepares OR table and scrubs with surgeries.
- Provides necessary instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery.
- Acquires and demonstrates skills needed to operate specialized equipment used in the OR.
- Assist with preoperative and postoperative care as directed by RN
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of surgical procedures and provides necessary instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Assist with patient transport and other patient care duties in the OR.
Required Licenses, Certifications and Registrations:
- Associate Degree in Surgical Technology from a NBSTA accredited program or certification from NCCT; or
- Four (4) years of experience as a surgical technologist with a High School Diploma; or
- Four (4) years applicable on the job or military surgical technology training with a High School Diploma
- Certified Surgical Technologist required within one year of hire, if hired without certification
- Surgical Technology skills required, preferably in a hospital operating room environment
- Experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred
Join the operating room team at Kettering Medical Center and experience the rewards, job satisfaction and prestige of working with the “best of the best!”
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the healthcare experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.