Kettering Medical Center Operating Room
Kettering Health Network
- IBM Watson Health™ 100 Top Hospitals
- National recognition for innovation in Orthopedic and Heart Care
- 21 state-of-the art operating suites
- General, Heart, Neuro, Orthopedic and Robotic surgery
- Level II trauma facility
Named by Truven Health Analytics TOP 15 Healthcare Systems in the U.S. and Fortune TOP Places to work in healthcare, hiring full-time, part-time and resource Registered Nurses.
- Faith Driven, Not-For Profit, Patient-Centric Culture
- Learning Hospital System, Kettering College
- Ten hospitals and 150 outpatient facilities to choose from
- Promote from within
If this is the environment you would like to contribute your expertise in nursing to and further grow your career, then read on . . .
About the Opportunity:
- Competitive compensation, including lucrative on-call, shift and weekend pay differentials
- 403(b) pre-tax savings account with employer match
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Mental Health
- 80% company paid health coverage for employees and dependents (Full-time employees)
- Community involvement & humanitarian opportunities
- Team oriented environment
- And more . . .
As our new Surgical Technologist
, you view each of your patients as if you were treating a beloved family member or dear friend. You possess a strong passion for being a trusted teammate in the operating room. Your patients and co-workers best describe you as compassionate, determined, outspoken in a professional manner when the situation calls for it, a “can do attitude,” impeccable work ethic and highly accountable with a strong attention to detail. You are intellectually curious and look for opportunities to cross-train to display your skills in multiple operating room disciplines, such as heart, neuro, orthopedic and robotics.
Based in beautiful Kettering Ohio, your mission is to embrace best-in-class nursing processes to provide excellence in nursing care to your patients in all settings and in collaboration with other health care providers. Further responsibilities include:
- Serve as vital part of the neurosurgery team at Kettering Medical Center.
- Assist in direct care to patients, Surgical Techs continually support surgeons and nurses by selecting, setting up, and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants.
- The Surgical Tech’s actions and communications should reflect Kettering Health Networks mission, vision, values, and policies in interactions with patients, families, and coworker
Skills, Knowledge, Experience You Offer:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Surgical experience preferred; with a minimum 4 years’ experience if not a graduate of an ST program
- Experience as a ST preferred with current or recent neurosurgery specialty
- If not certified ST, must obtain within a year of hire
- CPR certified skills
- Customer Service/communication skills
- Ability to teach others due to being a teaching facility
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
- Able to function independently as a surgical technician
Join the operating room team at Kettering Medical Center and experience the rewards, job satisfaction and prestige of working with the “best of the best!”