About the Opportunity:
- Join the OR Team at a state of the art 21 OR suites
- Level II trauma facility
- National recognition for innovation in Orthopedic and Heart Care
- Competitive compensation, full-time and part-time (non-benefited) positions available
- Full-Time Benefits Include:
- 403(b) pre-tax savings account with employer match
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Mental Health care and Prescription Drug subsidy
- 80% company paid health coverage for employees and dependants (Full-time employees)
- College Tuition Reimbursement
- Community involvement & humanitarian opportunities
- Team oriented environment
- And more . . .
To provide technical support to anesthesia services and facilitate activities related to this service via the acquisition, preparation and application of supplies, instruments, and equipment. In this role they contribute to safe, efficient and cost-effective anesthesia care. They provide support in anesthesia for routine and complex surgical cases by assisting in the preparation and maintenance of patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems before and during anesthesia. He/she works closely with the Department of Anesthesia and the staff of the Department of Surgical Services.
Skills, Experience & Education:
- High school graduate; strong background in science preferred.
- CPR and advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certified.
- Certified by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a surgical setting.
- Includes but not limited to, the cleaning and stocking of all anesthetizing locations in the KMC complex.
- Ability to assist the Anesthesia Technician I with daily setup and takedown of a variety of mechanical, pneumatic and electronic equipment used to monitor, evaluate, and manage the patient undergoing anesthesia.
- Directly assists the anesthesia providers in application of monitoring to patients.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of anesthesia-related surgical instrumentation and its care.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and aseptic/sterile technique.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with anesthesia/surgical equipment.
- Flexible, organized, and positive interpersonal and teamwork.
- Attention to detail, quality and productivity are critical.