About the Opportunity:
- Kettering Medical Center - IBM Watson Health™ 100 Top Hospitals
- Kettering Health Network - Truven Health Analytics TOP 15 Hospital Systems in the U.S.
- Fortune TOP Places to work in Health Care in the U.S.
- Resource, Varied shifts, 8 hours
- Competitive hourly rate
- Trauma 2 Facility with all services
- Team oriented environment
- And more . . .
Based in beautiful Kettering Ohio, your mission is to embrace best-in-class nursing processes to provide excellence in nursing care to your patients in all settings and in collaboration with other health care providers. Further responsibilities include:
- Serve as vital part of the neurosurgery team at Kettering Medical Center.
- Assist in direct care to patients, Surgical Techs continually support surgeons and nurses by selecting, setting up, and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants.
- The Surgical Tech’s actions and communications should reflect Kettering Health Networks mission, vision, values, and policies in interactions with patients, families, and coworkers.
About Kettering Medical Center Operating Room:
- 21 state-of-the art operating suites
- General, Heart, Neuro, Orthopedic and Robotic surgery
- Level II trauma facility
- National recognition for innovation in Orthopedic and Heart Care
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Surgical experience preferred; with a minimum 4 years’ experience if not a graduate of an ST program
- Experience as a ST preferred with current or recent neurosurgery specialty
- If not certified ST, must obtain within a year of hire
- CPR certified skills
- Customer Service/communication skills
- Ability to teach others due to being a teaching facility
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
- Able to function independently as a surgical technician