Showcase your clinical lab expertise and leadership skills in this exciting Laboratory Manager position based at Kettering Medical Center, the Network's flagship hospital.
Kettering is the reference laboratory for the Network, serving 16 regional labs across the hospital systems.
- Assists in providing overall administrative and technical supervision to the regional core lab including planning, monitoring, and organizing
- Ensures technical expertise by maintaining a working knowledge of departmental policies, procedures, processes, and work assignment.
- Assists or leads the development, set up, and validation of core laboratory assays by providing technical expertise
- Ensures accurate, timely, and cost-effective reporting of laboratory results
- Reports all the issues and activities directly to the laboratory director
- Monitors quality of laboratory services and employee productivity on an ongoing basis
- Ensures departmental compliance with regulatory agencies
- Monitors selection and ordering of supplies, reagents, and inventory control
- Assist with in-service training and education for staff and technologists when indicated
- Reviews, evaluates, modifies, and implements test procedures.
- Assist in maintenance of employee records for attendance, performance, and competency
- Assist in budget analysis, cost analysis, and actively provides input
- Ensures continuous communication with staff
- Provides coaching and counseling as necessary
- Assists the laboratory management team in directing and controlling the day to day operation of the laboratories and/or quality control assurance.
- Controls cost by monitoring personnel utilization and material usage rates.
- Analyzes fluctuations in types and volumes of tests and implements corrective actions.
- Assists the laboratory director in directing and implementing effective risk control processes, supporting, consulting, and participating in facility and regional QA programs to ensure internal and external compliance.
- Assists developing and monitoring section specific QA/Risk Management program.
- Develops equipment and system needs analysis as appropriate.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory sciences
- Master's degree or higher preferred
- Certification/registration - Clinical Laboratory Scientist with ASCP
- Experience: Five (5) years of experience in a high volume clinical lab required
- Three (3) to five (5) years or more experience of supervisory/management in clinical laboratory operations
- Knowledge of CAP, state, and federal laboratory regulations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
About the Network:
- Knowledge clinical laboratory services.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Effectively mitigate situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit network of ten hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio’s leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Kettering Health recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of Kettering Medical Center.
As a faith-based organization
we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Kettering Medical Center Overview
- Kettering Medical Center is the flagship hospital of Kettering Health Network and has been serving Kettering, Ohio and the Greater Dayton area since 1964.
- The facility includes the Benjamin and Marian Schuster Heart Hospital, maternity service with a level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and level II Emergency Care.
- In 2020, Kettering Medical Center received an “A” from the Leapfrog Group, a national patient safety watchdog, ranking among the safest hospitals in the United States.
- Received 4 Star Baby-Friendly Hospital status by the Ohio Hospital Association.
- Awarded as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health in 2020.
- Kettering received the Outstanding Patient Experience Award by Healthgrades (2017-2019).
- Accredited by the American College of Emergency Physicians as a Level 3 Geriatric Emergency Department.
- 465-bed hospital (includes newborn beds)