Sign-On and Relocation Bonuses Available!
**Bonuses for Surgical Technologists and First Assists
- Surgical Technologists and First Assists up to $20,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
- Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
Named by Truven Health Analytics TOP 15 Healthcare Systems in the U.S. and Fortune TOP Places to work in healthcare, hiring full-time, part-time and resource Registered Nurses.
- Faith Driven, Not-For Profit, Patient-Centric Culture
- Learning Hospital System, Kettering College
- Ten hospitals and 150 outpatient facilities to choose from
- Promote from within
If this is the environment you would like to contribute your expertise in nursing to and further grow your career, then read on . . .
About the Opportunity:
- Competitive compensation, including lucrative on-call, shift and weekend pay differentials
- 403(b) pre-tax savings account with employer match
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Mental Health
- 80% company paid health coverage for employees and dependents (Full-time employees)
- Community involvement & humanitarian opportunities
- Team oriented environment
- And more . . .
The Surgical Assistant is responsible for providing patient care before, during, and after surgery. The primary purpose of this position is to perform tasks which permit the surgeon to complete an efficient and safe
operation. The Surgical Assistant reports to the Clinical Manager or Administrative Director.
- Immediately reports changes in the patient condition to the nurse
- Appropriately labels and handles patient specimens
- Competently performs ST skills as defined by the units scope of practice
- Maintains a clean, safe environment free from clutter
- Receives and responds to appropriate delegation; does not perform skill/care that has not been delegated by a licensed nurse
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to emergency situations
- Demonstrates safe infection control practices
- Assists the nurse/physician with patient procedures
- Performs preceptor activities as requested
- Participates in one elective educational opportunity
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of aseptic technique in preparing for and assisting in surgical
- Prepares OR table, scrubs and assists with surgeries; Provides necessary instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery
- Acquires and demonstrates skills needed to operate specialized equipment used in the OR.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of surgical procedures in multiple specialties
- Two years of college and/or must have attended a specialty course for surgical assisting.
- Passes a pre-hire employment tests
Minimum Work Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience in general and/or specialty area preferred
- Surgical experience preferred
- Experience as a ST preferred
- Required Licenses
- Certified First Assistant
- Must be certified in an approved Surgical Assistant program (CFA, SCS, CRNFA, or PA-C) within the first 12 months of employment
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and varied work environment related to changing patient needs
- Ability to perform effectively in stressful and emergency situations
- Ability to recognize safety hazards and initiate appropriate action
- A positive, therapeutic approach toward health care, team members, and diverse patient populations
- OR skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and function in a high stress environment
- Certification in CPR
Mobile friendly application, resume optional. Less than 5 minutes to complete.
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the healthcare experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.