As our new RN leader and manager of patient care management for Kettering Health Hamilton and reporting to the Director of Clinical Quality; your mission is to build solid working relationships with your team, physicians, and other leaders across the organization. In this highly autonomous and collaborative role, you will showcase your leadership skills to provide clear direction for best practices in care management and function as the technical, clinical, and procedural go-to resource for daily operations.
Backed by a seasoned and knowledgeable team and the resources of Kettering Health, you will have the opportunity to further develop standardization and best practices in your weekly council meetings with the Director of Network Care Management and care management peers.
Your expertise with safe patient discharge planning, CMS, Payor, and Medicare guidelines, along with quality metrics for length of stay, readmissions, avoidable days and utilization reviews are essential to your success. You have a demonstrated ability to pivot fluidly throughout the day and re-prioritize objectives in order to meet the needs of each unit as they change. Above all, you have a great passion for the patient’s experience and safety! Among your leadership accomplishments are your proven skills to effectively manage change to identify and implement solutions for challenging situations.
Other Key Responsibilities Include:
Required Skills, Education, Attributes and Experience:
- Evaluation of the departmental performance to effectively recommend and implement process improvements via the analysis of efficiencies.
- Effectively collaborate with Network Care Transitions and Post-Acute Care Management, Network Clinical Quality, and Network Utilization Review departments.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of departmental processes and direct workflows in a manner that meets overall goals for quality, patient experience, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor's in Nursing or Masters in Social Work
- Ohio licensed Social Worker or RN
- If Social Worker- LISW-S required
- Five (5) years or greater experience in progressive nursing or healthcare experience
- Demonstrated ability and experience leading a care management team to facilitate safe, timely, and high quality, discharge dispositions for each inpatient, observation, and ambulatory patient
- Preferred leadership experience in case management, care management, care transitions, care coordination field
- Certification (or obtain within 3 years of hire) in Care Management, Transitions, Case Management, Quality, or similar specialty area
Continued Education in your field is a must and supported by Kettering Health. Some examples include Compass education monthly modules paid for by Kettering Health and also counts towards your education requirements and provided by the American Care Management Association (ACMA).
Kettering Health is proud to be named by Truven Health Analytics as one of the 15 TOP Health systems in the country! Truven Health Analytics is a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare.
Ready to make a move and contribute your patient care management leadership skills to a thriving, high growth, faith driven, patient centric environment?