Cardiovascular Surgery Specialty
**Possible Incentives for external Surgical Technologists and First Assists:
- Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus based on experience
- Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
- Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
As Kettering Health's new Surgical technologist (ST) specializing in heart cases you will be assisting in direct care to patients undergoing surgical intervention by selecting, setting up and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants, under the direction of the RN and the surgeon. Responsibilities include, yet not limited to the following:
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Appropriately labels and handles patient specimens.
- Competently performs Surgical Technologist skills as defined by the unit’s scope of practice.
- Maintains a clean, safe environment free from clutter.
- Receives and responds to appropriate delegation; does not perform skills/care that has not been delegated by a licensed nurse or physician.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Demonstrates safe infection control practices.
- Assists the nurse/physician with patient procedures.
- Performs preceptor activities as requested.
- Participates in one elective educational opportunity.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of aseptic technique in preparing for and assisting in surgical procedures.
- Prepares OR table and scrubs with surgeries.
- Provides necessary instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery.
- Acquires and demonstrates skills needed to operate specialized equipment used in the OR.
- Assist with preoperative and postoperative care as directed by RN
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of surgical procedures and provides necessary instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Assist with patient transport and other patient care duties in the OR.
Required Licenses, Certifications and Registrations:
- Associate Degree in Surgical Technology from a NBSTA accredited program or certification from NCCT; or
- Four (4) years of experience as a surgical technologist with a High School Diploma; or
- Four (4) years applicable on the job or military surgical technology training with a High School Diploma
- Experience as a Surgical Technologist or First Assist in Cardiovascular highly preferred
- Training Available!
- Certified Surgical Technologist required within one year of hire, if hired without certification